Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Challenges with One Card

Finally, I am going to post something. We are having a snow storm right now in Oklahoma. It started last night with freezing rain and sleet and finally turned to snow around noon today. So far we have not lost our power. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer that we don’t. The last time we lost power due to freezing rain was in 2007 and we had no power for six days. Ugh! And this time around I am on oxygen 24/7 and I certainly need the electricity.

Any way, I am posting a little Valentine’s card that I came up with due to a challenge on “Any Stamp Will Do.” Really two challenges for the groups Sketch Challenge Mondays and The NEW Color Challenge (just one card for two challenges). This is a fairly new group on Ning. Come on over and check us out. We have some very talented people to chat with and exchange ideas.



I have colored the main image with Copic Markers and it is from The Greeting Farm Miss Anya Love Collection. I purchased it from Die Cuts R Us. The sentiment is from the Unity Stamp Company. I have also used two techniques, Cuttlebug Highlight and Out of the Box, from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. If you have not subscribed to this newsletter yet you are truly missing out.



That’s it for today. I hope you have a great weekend. And I hope you enjoyed another one of my experiments with whimsy and Copic Markers. (I am really enjoying those markers!)

2 comments:

  1. What a neat card. Love all the flowers or sunshines around the oval. The colors are so vibrant. Great job. And don't you just love copics. Your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Aletha. I noticed that you became a follower of my blog. I am honored - truly! I do honestly think you are a creative artist. I checked out the web site for those markers. The airbrush option sounded interesting. Now all I have to do is get the money to purchase a set. Thanks again, and please stay "tooned."

    ReplyDelete